Stage 4 I then removed the masking from the main flowers and having remasked out the stamens, I painted the petals carefully with the pinks, delineating their form with darker mixes. When this was dry, I removed the masking from the stamens and painted them with raw sienna, delineating them when dry with darker washes in the negative spaces between them. I dropped greens and crimson and violet into some of the leaves around the edges wet in wet to give them the characteristic purple look and added some veining detail in some of the leaves to help bring them forward.
Finally I tidied up the petal edges and put in some more negative dark shapes among the leaves and flowers using the photos for reference. Click on Older Posts for next stage